BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Night out with the little lady

It's been a while since Hayley and I have had a chance to spend one on one time together, so I invited her on a Mommy-Daughter date for this evening. I left it wide open for her to choose anything she wanted to do. Anything at all.
During her quiet time she did some brainstorming, and this is the list of possible date options she came up with.


Dinners
1. Chick-fil-A
2. McDonalds
3. Wendy's

Things to do
Play Tennis
Eat a lot 'o' food

Plasas (places)
1. Chuck e Cheese
2. Target (???)
3. Forwood Elementary

Here I was prepared to fork out the big bucks, and she wanted to go to her elementary school?
Crack me up.

We ended up going to McDonalds for dinner, and getting Rita's custard for dessert.
Then as a surprise, I took her to a fun little store where everything is $5.00 or less, and told her she could pick ANY one thing in the store. She squealed with delight. (How long do you think I'll get away with tricks like that?)

She took a long walk around the store looking at every item. "What does this do? Should I get this? If you were me, what would you choose?"
At one point she told me she was sorry for taking so long to choose.
"That's okay," I said. "You have a lot of things to choose from."
"So..then... you can understand why this is hard?"

She finally had it down to 3 choices and was making her decision, when she glanced up at the shelf and found her item.
"Mom, are you looking at what I'm looking at?" she said, her eyes all big with surprise. It was a spy kit, with a secret decoder, fingerprint dust, and special agent glasses. It doesn't get any cooler than that. She walked out of that store with the biggest smile on her face and told me I was the best mom in the world.

Now who said money can't buy happiness, ? ;)

We are looking forward to a long weekend spent with good friends, food, and hopefully a good fireworks show somewhere in there.
Wishing you all a fabulous holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment