BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Phases


 I pronounced Hayley's fish 'dead' at 10 am on Saturday.  
When I yelled up to Hayley, who was on the top floor, and informed her of her fish's passing, she hollered back, "Okay!"
Well, okay then.
I decided I would flush it a little later in the day, since I was in the middle of something else at the time....and it was a good thing I waited, because Jordan pronounced that tricky little thing 'alive' again at 10:15 am.
Miracles never cease to exist here in the Smith house.

I have been living life in the slow lane for the past little while here.  I used to make sure my days were loaded with activities, and that I had projects lined up to keep me busy.
Lately, it's just not happenin'.

Ty is going through some 'phases' which include, but are not limited to:
Yelling, ALL of the time.  Especially in public places
Hitting whoever sits next to him in the van and grabbing whatever is in their lap
Shouting "DOHHHHH!" (which means no)
Misbehaving in church
and continuously putting himself in dangerous situations.
Screaming is also his new form of communication for the 2-4am hours, for no reason other than he doesn't want to be in his bed.  

Sounds like the terrible two's, no?
I am struggling to keep my patience and am now realizing, that although I don't want to...it's finally time to play the "tough love" card.  

You think you got me wrapped around your little finger?  Think again buddy.
(But ohmygosh, how cute is he yelling NOOOO from the bathtub?)





Not wrapped around his little finger at ALL.


I let Hayley invite 3 of her school friends over for a birthday get together (as mentioned in a previous post).  It was a simple little party, but they had SUCH a great time.  


My little girl is 9.  


And what a beautiful little 9 year old she is.


 This party had it all:  Good food, lots of dancing...and reeeally cute boys.  ;)
He gives the best hugs these days.



More soon!





1 comment:

  1. Love the simple birthday party. Love Ty! Isn't it funny how those "phases" change the whole rhythm of your life? All of a sudden, despite your best intentions, what you want to do can go right out the window. That used to really get me down but I'm learning that it's just part of the process and it's A-OK. Glad for the update. I always like reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete