BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April pictures


There's something about sleepy children...







"My Berday comin' up!" is what Ty has been telling everyone recently.  
Even strangers at the store.  So Grammy helped Ty make a birthday chain that would help him keep track of how many days he had left until his birthday.  Only 7 days left, little man.
He's going to be 3!

Grammy also bought a couple of fish and a frog to entertain my children and help Ty learn how to take care of them.  Ty named one fish "Steena" after me, and the other one, Ty.  Unfortunately 'Steena' only lasted a couple of weeks.  But how cute is that frog hiding in the little submarine?


Coloring eggs for Easter

...which made delicious and awesome looking deviled eggs.

A man in our ward who grew up Jewish, decided to put on a Passover dinner for whoever wanted to take part and learn more about it.  It was really interesting.  Ty's kippah looks more like a beanie hat, and J just looks like he could be Jewish for real, doesn't he?  Haha.  He even wore his Jewish Community Center sweat shirt to show off a little.


The following was just one of the songs we were taught.  I love the part where it says "Repeat until you are tired."
How long could that song go on, really?  


It was a good hour or more before we got to the 'eating' part of the ceremony, so we were all getting a little hungry.  And antsy.  Not the best event to take a 2 year old to, we figured out..but he kept things lively. 


I was in charge of making a dessert for the passover meal.  It took me most of the afternoon to assemble and cook this thing.  Hayley and I kept cracking up at the huge mess I  was making.   I could never have my own cooking show.

There was a children's event at the library  centered around big construction machines.  There were bulldozer crafts to make and then the kids were able to climb onto the real diggers outside, and pose for a picture.  

The lines were long....my kids were still a little sick, and it was like 2 degrees outside.  That is why this boy who should look really happy, looks like this: 


Fun at the Smith Playground in Philly.


Anyone else lacking a little privacy around the house?  I take my phone into the bathroom with me so I can text and browse for like 20 seconds a day.
But don't think that I actually GET to...because the moment Mom has to go to the bathroom, is the exact moment my children decide that they want to sit and chat.  
If I lock the doors they bang and yell through the door the whole time.


20 seconds people....that's all I'm asking.


There are exactly one of these parking spaces in the Shop rite parking lot, and I took it the other day.  I felt a little bit ashamed, like I was abusing the system or something...
Then I looked at my reflection in the door of my car, and was reminded "you are like a hundred months pregnant.  If anyone is allowed to park here, it is you."


100 months pregnant: exhibit A.


And exhibit B:

The belly face has become a hilarious tradition for my kids and was the highlight of our family home evening this week.  
I do realize my mirror needs washing in the worst way.
Maybe one day when I can bend over the vanity...I'll get to that. 

:)






2 comments:

  1. You killed it with the last picture! I always wanted Garth to draw on my belly for a doctors appt. near the end when I was big and ready to pop! Most of your kids tired pictures are so cute, cause they are cuddling with another sibling. (Keep those for later when they don't anymore. Remind them how much they loved each other.) Thanks for the post. Will be waiting for news when the baby comes. Jordan has to post something on fb or here asap. Ya know, date, time, weight... and name. Just the important stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure do miss you guys! I can just picture Ty telling everyone his birthday is coming. And I am with you about the 20 seconds of privacy thing, if I'm in the bathroom I always have Blaze following me and trying to break down the door. Also, you look AWESOME for being a hundred months pregnant. Seriously, and I am really jealous about your non-stretch marked belly. Mine looks like a train wreck in comparison :) Hope you're doing well!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete