BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 4, 2014

33 years

I went through almost the whole last year thinking I was 33 years old.  Such a great surprise when my birthday came around, and I remembered that I had in fact only been 32.  You lose count once you pass all of the exciting birthdays.  At 18 you're an adult, at 21 you are legal to do whatever it is that non mormon young adults do.  (How should I know, I was off havin' babies by then.)  At 25, I think your insurance rates are lowered.  30 is a big one, because it's like "whoa, I 'm 30!" but after that you kind of have a dull stretch for a while.

HowEVer, I do have to say that my 33rd birthday was pretty wonderful, and one that I will remember for a very long time.

I was able to celebrate a week early with a group of close friends.  We sat around the campfire, eating junk food and sipping raspberry lemonade while we chatted and laughed until way past all of our bed times.   Such a fun night.
It would be great if I had a picture to insert below, but I didn't even think to take one.
I'll always remember though, sitting there thinking I have the greatest friends ever and feeling like one lucky old lady. ;)

This one was taken a few days later, just before J took me out for my big 'birthday date.'


He told me that we were going out, that my mom would be watching the kids, and that we needed to leave at around 7:30....but he wouldn't tell me where we were going.
I absolutely love it when J makes plans and I have no idea what we are doing.  I was so excited just for a night out without having to do any of the work.

I actually did know where we were going, but I pretended like I didn't. Clearly when you're waiting until 7:30 to go out AND you will be eating there, he is taking you to the new Dine in Theater at Painters Crossing, where he can cuddle up next to you in the new comfy lounging seats while watching a movie.
No brainer.
Still, I allowed him to blind fold me in the car so I 'wouldn't know where we were going'.
He took all these crazy turns to try to confuse me and.....he was indeed successful.  By the time he parked the car I had no idea where we actually were.
He took off the blind fold and.... what?  This wasn't the theater.  We were parked in a brick house neighborhood.  Still disoriented,  I turned around and saw a friend of mine standing there in her apron in front of her house with the most amazing smells coming from her kitchen window.   After we laughed about the blindfold  and Jordan's sneakiness she led us to her back patio where we would be eating dinner... and then my world was all turned upside down again, because gathered on the back patio was a whole group of people smiling back at me and saying surprise!   I was absolutely stunned. 
I can't even imagine what the look on my face was at that moment.  All I remember is me saying "whaaaat?!"
The group consisted of the women I work out with every morning and some of their husbands.
One by one they each walked over and gave me a hug. I was totally speechless and  I so wished I had gotten around to taking a shower that day.  We sat around the table and had the most delicious candle lit mexican meal (because they know Mexican food is my favorite) while we talked and laughed, again, until waaaay past all of our bed times.
Again, no picture to share, sadly.
I got in the car after the party was over and told Jordan, 
"I don't even know what to say...or even how to describe what it feels like to have your friends do something like that for you."  It was definitely a night I will never forget.
AND they gave me the best gift ever.

 90 minutes??  That's almost sinful.


On my actual birthday I was showered with love from family and friends from afar.  I love hearing from people I never get to talk to normally.  My husband took part of the day off to hang with me, and my mom spoiled us with a stroganoff dinner which I requested because it was a childhood favorite of mine.  She is such an amazing cook, I'm telling you.  I even got to drink out of the green goblet, which growing up, was our special birthday glass.  33 and feeling like a kid again. :)  This year for dessert I requested chocolate pudding and vanilla ice cream.  If you haven't had it before, go and try it right now.  It is something I could eat every day...and actually, since that day, I have
Jordan gave me some perfect gifts and the girls made me some sweet little cards:


When we left Mom's house that evening and arrived home, this is what we walked into.

The  picture doesn't even do this decorating job justice.  It was totally impressive.. 
My friends are so sneaky, and absolutely amazing. They definitely know how to make a woman feel special.
Do you see the Spanish Dancing lady on the door?  After all of the other decorations came down, she stayed on our front door for a few days (in varying poses) before I had to finally bring her inside.  Now she resides in my closet.  Included in those 2 gift bags you see there were all the supplies you could ever need for a party, as well as a year supply of my favorite candy...which really only lasted 3 days... since I shared.

Thank you so much to everyone who made my day so unforgettable.



**Just now as I was getting ready to post this (at 12:45 am) I caught a glimpse of a centipede on the inside of my bedskirt.
Then.... this happened:

She's awake now.







No comments:

Post a Comment