BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Awkward moment

Yesterday we went to the Farmer's market for one of our weekend outings. We love to walk by all the bakeries and look at the treats on display. Rarely do we actually purchase the treats, but it being a holiday weekend and all, we decided to splurge and buy one cinnamon roll for J and the girls to share. It looked delicious, but as usual I was exercising my self control. (Kidding about the 'usual'.)

After they were finished eating I handed J a water bottle that I had stashed in my bag, and then we all continued on our way through the halls of the farmer's market. As we were about to merge with the main-hall traffic, I heard a loud spitting sound and saw a splash of water fly through the air and land on the big burly man right in front of me. The orange shirt he had on was covered in water spots and he looked at his now-wet arms with the same expression I must have been wearing..."What the heck was that?"
I turned to find the source of the spitting only to find a gush of water spilling out of Jordan's mouth all over Ty's head (he was holding him in the front-pack).

Seriously?

Did my husband really just spit on this guy?

I remember looking from Jordan to the stranger (who had stopped walking and had identified the culprit by this point)
What was going to happen next?
Was there going to be a beat down?
When I looked back at Jordan he had already turned around and bolted back down the hallway toward the bathroom.

Thankfully the victim could clearly see that J was choking on his water and that the spit, although disgusting, was not intentional so he let it slide and continued on his way.

Whew! I was almost involved in the first ever farmer's market fight.
That was a close one.

Today was Ty's baby blessing, and it was beautiful. We didn't go with the traditional white outfit, but decided instead to have him wear his first little suit. (Thank you Linda!)
I think he looked dashing. He was a perfect angel during the blessing, although the men holding him did say he was on the heavy side ;)

Here are some pictures from our special day.








2 comments:

  1. You posted three in a row... so I will only post my comments on this one. Yay for girls night out together! Yes, the price tag just gets bigger the older they get! Second, Ty is a cutie and you can spoil him and get him to smile all you want. That too will change someday with older sisters getting bugged somehow... hopefully not though ;) Finally, glad Jordan is ok, and there was no news report of a Farmer's Market Brawl. I wish so much we lived closer to you. It would have been great to be able to support your family and be at Ty's baby blessing! We were there in spirit and send our love. xoxoxo Have a great 4th of July Holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Ty lookes so cute in his little outfit. I am so happy that he was able to wear it on such a special day!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete