BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 13, 2012

Moved.

This last week has been exhausting, but the worst is over, and now it's just finding places for all of the little random things that somehow found their way into these boxes.....like spools of thread, chopsticks, screws, bad smelling lotions, magnets etc. My husband has been a powerhouse throughout this move and although we sometimes/allthetime get kind of irritable under stressful situations, I believe we make a fantastic team.

If my camera weren't broken and covered in goldfish crumbs at the bottom of my purse, I would insert a picture here of our new place. Imagine us smiling pretty big....except for J who only ever does his fake smile in pictures which is not very convincing at all.
"Shnooks," I say, "a real smile this time please,"
So then he'll open his mouth a little wider to show more teeth, but still not into a form that could be classified as a real smile. There will be no bothering this man with fake emotions...even for a quick little snapshot, I'm telling you.

Anyway, imagine us smiling...
zoom in a little. zooom in. What is that black thing on the wall?
Oh that? That's a big fat black ant who has apparently been hosting a family reunion in our place since we moved in. I've been on a killing spree since last Friday, and it hasn't been pretty.
Also in the picture, you would notice boxes of decorations still lining my living room floor, because I haven't yet found the energy or the motivation to spend any time decorating. I'm not sure when or if I will...

We really are happy here. It's been a fabulous change, and I can't tell you enough how great it is to have space to put everything we own. In fact, my new favorite and overused phrase is "I have just the place for that." because, I really do.

Come on over sometime and hang with me. I'll serve you ice water with lemon then I'll show you all the new places I have to put things! ;)
Or we could just sit and chat or whatever.
You choose.



2 comments:

  1. So happy for your family! Glad you have space!! I can hope to enjoy that too someday ;) Good luck getting rid of the ants... what a pesky problem. Wish we could visit you too. Sending our congrats anyway. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i hate ants. we have had our fair share of THAT experience! isn't it nice to have room to breath? AND have places for everything? I LOVE that! so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete