BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Soiled

After Ty's bath this morning I laid him down on the changing table and looked at him adoringly. So clean and handsome. After kissing his cute little cheeks raw, I squatted down to get a diaper from the bottom shelf, and felt something touch my head. I swatted at it thinking it was a bug, then looked up and noticed that at that moment I was sitting directly under a fountain of pee, unlike anything I've ever seen. It arched up into the sky and fell on me like a waterfall, dripping down my clothes as I yelped and tried my best to dodge it.

After changing my shirt and dressing him up all sharp in his little blue onesie, I picked him up to give those cheeks another kiss. That happened to be the exact moment he decided to perform a mega-belch and puke up breakfast all down the inside of my shirt. In case you weren't paying attention, that's two shirts he soiled in a matter of 5 minutes.
When you're paying quarters to do laundry that's kind of a big deal.
Do they make plastic shirts? Full body aprons? If you hear of anything along those lines please point me in the right direction.

4 comments:

  1. Not sure about plastic shirts but they do make something called the Pee-Pee Teepee- even comes with a free pattern to make your own.

    http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/08/wee-wee-wigwam.html

    Not sure that you have the spare time right now to crank out one of these though, perhaps you just have to work on ducking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank goodness for Spray 'N Wash!!! I don't know if breastmilk stains the same, but Noah's formula spit-ups were so oily and if I missed a spot it left a big old stain on my shirts. :) And as for the "fountain," SO glad you have a son! Baby boys ROCK, in their own special way. Noah's first encounter with that came when Kevin and I first got him back to the hotel when he was almost 2 days old. We were so excited to change his diaper for the first time, and little boy sent a stream that shot himself in the forehead and really confused him! Like, "What just happened???" We couldn't stop laughing. Sorry it landed on you. :)

    Love you so much!
    CoCo
    @>->--

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's impressive! We love reading your blog and we love you guys!

    Dustin and Ari

    ReplyDelete