BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cryin' issues

When I took Ty in for his first checkup the doctor looked at me and asked very sweetly how I was doing with a new baby in the house. I was doing great, I answered. All was well.

Then she started talking about the 'baby blues' that sometimes followed the birth of a child.... A depressed state for a temporary time. She had it after her third. It's perfectly normal she said, and will go away with time.
"Good information," I thought "but really, I'm doing great."
That was the first week.

Now I'm in my second, and OY! I did NOT see this coming.
The hormones! The emotions! I've been SUCH a mess.
Tears sneak out of my eyes when I least expect them. I can't stop them. I can't hide them.

When Hayley sees the tears flowing she gets really upset and demands to know what is going on. I tried to explain that sometimes when moms have babies, weird things go on inside their brains that make them cry a lot for no reason. Now whenever she sees tears she asks, "Is it that brain thing again?"
All I can do is laugh and say "Yep."
When Daddy gets home from work she'll give him the report: "Mom's been havin' some cryin' issues again."
She cracks me up.

My sweet husband took a half-day today to spend time with me and get me out of this funk. Have I mentioned lately how much I love him? He is my rock.

Okay well it's 2:02 am...on May 21, (the beginning of the end of the world.) It's a very big day you know. I better get some sleep. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are holding up really! My third did it to me more so than the others. YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT!! What a good husband and girls to take care of you too ;) My comments for the next post I will combine with this.... Wow is he growing! Looks more awake in the photos. Such a sweetheart. So, when are you coming through Salt Lake?? Soon?? Hugs from us all! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen. We're coming in September!!

    ReplyDelete