BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 21, 2012

Once upon a sunny Sunday,

we decided to finally try out our upstairs deck.  I found these green chairs at a yard sale the day before for a dollar a piece.  J laughed as he looked in the rear view mirror and saw me hauling these puppies to the car. (He stays in the car while I shop.)  The stack of chairs was so tall, I couldn't even see where I was going, and all he saw was a stack of chairs with a pair of legs.  I was laughing so hard I almost dropped them all over the street.  But anyway...

Look at this face.
 I can't get enough.
  
Whenever you say "Bird!"  Ty shoots his head up and looks into the sky.  

Guess who got her scriptures in the mail today.  The look on her face when she saw the package was priceless.  When I went in her room tonight to see if she was still breathing (I will probably do that until they move out), I saw her sound asleep clutching her scriptures to her heart.  I had to run downstairs to grab the camera...then right when I pushed the button to take the picture she opened her eyes.  
I was really bummed that I missed such a great photo opportunity.
So, I made her re-enact it.
"Now you have to pretend like you're sleeping again."  I said.

"How was that one, Mom?"
Not too bad, but this time, hold the scriptures like you were, and pretend like you're sleeping.

Hon, you don't SMILE when you're sleeping.  Re-do.
By this point we were both laughing too much to make it look realistic.
I hope she always treasures her scriptures as much as she does today.


These are what my girls find on their desks when they come home from school.

Today, I wrote the word 'Supper' because I wanted to see if they even knew what that word meant.  I laughed to myself as I wrote it, because I don't even know if I've used that word once in my entire life...except for maybe when I read 'The Little House on the Prairie.'
And sure enough when Tia was reading through her list, she said, "Mom, what does 'Supper' mean?" 
Hahaha. 
I guess I have failed in teaching my kids all things proper.
But at least they are cute :)



2 comments:

  1. You guys are so awesome. Lilly got new scriptures too and loves using them. She loves that her name it printed right on the front. The "bird" thing just cracks me up. It brings back so many precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are such a great bargain shopper! Love that you are a great organized mom too! Such a kind way to get the kids to do their chores... or jobs! Sounds like you are enjoying the new place still ;) xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete