BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 25, 2012

Regarding Weaning

After a year and then some of dedicated nursing, I am finally ready to have my bo...dy back.
My current challenge is figuring out how to convince this child that breast is no longer best.

He'll eat almost anything you put in front of him, but he still wants his Ja momma shake at the end of it all...You give him a sippy cup full of whole milk and he looks at it like it's a joke.

My friend teases that I'm going to be that woman on the cover of the recent TIME magazine.,,"Are you Mom Enough?"  (You know the one.)
I'm beginning to think she may be right.  But if I do end up breastfeeding my child until he is 3, I would most definitely have to set some ground rules.

Look Buddy, There will be no step stools.  You want a piece of this, you get under the blanket and lay down  like all of the other good breastfeeding children.  If you bite me with those molars, so help me you are standing in the corner.  You cannot take off my clothes whenever you are thirsty, and trust me when I say, it would be better for you if your friends didn't know we did this, so if we end up posing for the cover of some magazine you should probably turn your head the other way.
Just thinking about your future social life is all.

To every mom their own.
But as for me (and my house) ;)  I just hope and pray it doesn't come to this.
















2 comments:

  1. The longest I went was 14 months. I think I had to be mean and just say no! It was only down to two by that time anyway. Like to go to bed and for a nap or something.. if I remember right ;) You will work it out fine. I can't see him being two and nursing still!! My kids didn't like milk right away either. I had to feed them cheerios with a little milk and they mostly wanted the cheerios. But, after awhile they got used to it. So good luck and nurse till you want to be done.

    ReplyDelete