BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 15, 2012

MLKJ

Facts I learned from my kids about "Marlin Luthen King.... how do you say his name again?"

1: Martin Luther King Jr does not believe in 'valiance.'
2: Martin Luther King Jr was shot with a 'raffle.'

I can honestly say, I did not know those things before.

These two girls came home from school spewing forth all sorts of facts that they had learned about MLKJ and his life the other day.. They were so excited about this subject, they couldn't get their words out fast enough. They kept interrupting each other so they could be the one to tell me about Rosa Parks...and the 'sec-regation' and the 'uss-ass-i-na-tion' , etc. etc. Hayley actually made me stand outside in the freezing cold and listen to her read a huge portion of his 'I have a dream' speech before she would get out of the van. I was shocked and impressed at their interest level and amount of passion they had on the subject. And really, is there anything cuter than a little girl with a lisp talking about U.S. History?
(I know, we're working on the lisp, ok?)


Hayley Jade turns 8 this week...which means a birthday party, baptism, family from Oregon AND a trip to Florida next week.
So, lots of excitement.... lots of stress.... which also means a high consumption of sugar in my near future.
It's generally how I deal with things.

More on all of this soon!



1 comment:

  1. I love when the kids come home from school and are excited to share what they have learned! It makes the time away from them seem worth it. So glad they are learning so much... they must have some good teachers! I am sure you will have a great time with your company...AND... enjoy Florida! (You'll have to expound on that trip later. Why you went and what you saw!) You can handle a little sugar, btw! You will work it off running after kids in no time ;)

    ReplyDelete