BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 13, 2012

Thrift shopping, etcetera.

Here are this week's sweet finds/projects, that have made my living space so much more pleasant to inhabit.

A pendulum bulb vase. I love it.
This metal fixture was pale pink when I bought it...so I painted it black and stuck it on the wall. Waiting for my next thrift shopping trip to find the perfect candle holder to go on top...but for now, the flowers are a good space filler.


When I bought this board it was yellowish-tan with black words painted on. I changed it up a little and made it into this. The vases were created out of lightbulbs.
More lightbulb vases, hanging from a shelf I picked up for about 1.50.



And here are some non-thrift related pictures:

We had a great time at the Kings vs. 76ers game the other night. Jimmer is an extremely popular figure in this household.... if you haven't already been able to tell.


Usually when I have a big mess to clean (see below), I figure out something ELSE I'd rather be doing....and then I do it.

Ty loves when I break out the guitar. He'll stop whatever he's doing, smile real big and then charge at it.

And here are my tired guys.

Thanks for enduring my show and tell.
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. How do you make lightbulb vases? Is it on Pinterest or something?? I love your "finds", but more so how well you make them fit into your style. AND... did I know you played guitar?? NO!! How cool is that! I will look forward to your next blog entry...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! Thank you. I actually did find a picture of a light bulb vase on Pinterest, but I looked to Youtube for instructions. The first one I clicked on was a video of a girl with only one hand making one, so I figured I could probably do it.
    If you try it, wear safety glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete