BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 6, 2012

I love to work out.

I love to sweat. I like to feel my heart pumping hard, and my legs on fire, and I love the soreness that comes the following day.
But this mama has a workout dilemma.
She has a baby boy, who wakes before the crack of dawn...who only sleeps for short bouts during the day and who requires her constant attention when he's awake....leaving her very little time alone to do her thang.

I have had to adjust accordingly.
Ty is now an essential part of each workout.
Allow me to take you through my routine.

1 jog up and back down 'the hill' (this is how my friends and I refer to it. It has also been called the hill of horror) with Ty in the stroller.

10 times up and down the High School bleachers with Ty in the front pack. (I'm nearing death at number 7.) Ty laughs the whole time.

20 calf raises with Ty on front pack at the bottom step of the bleachers. Ty is crying by this point. So am I.

20 Ty Curls (for the biceps)

The Ty benchpress (20)
30 Ty squats. He's pulling the limp fish in this picture goshdarnhim.
However many pushups I can do before I feel like I'm going to pass out, which believe me, isn't much. Every time I go down, I give him a kiss, or make a funny face.
30 sit-ups



Continuing on with 20 kicks over Ty's head.
10 '180 degree jump turn squats' (I have no idea what these are really called) which is TORTure, but a delightful little game of peek-a-boo at the same time.
And 30 zumba style hip rotations with Ty in my arms. Trust me, you don't want to see a picture of this.


Sweat, pounding heart, legs on fire, day-after soreness,
and quality time with the kiddo.
Five birds with one stone.

(Ladies, my place tomorrow, bring your babies, lots of fun ;)

3 comments:

  1. I can only picture us Mommas over there with our infants (most weighing a slight ton) squatting. Now you know we would just be laughing. Good job though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'd be like "LOWER Dillard! and 3 and 4, Stop TEXTING, 6 and 7 and 8."

      Delete
  2. Ok, maybe I need a baby to get back in shape then? You wore me out just reading about your workout! No wonder you look soooo good! Keep it up... FOREVER! Soon you will be back to working out without little ones, so enjoy it for now. ;)

    ReplyDelete