BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

When J comes home for lunch,

we sit and chat while he eats. He tells me about the latest drama at work...we laugh..he talks about the latest news....about jobs around the country that were posted that day, and "how would I like to live in ____________ (insert state)?" I nod my head and raise my eyebrows when appropriate....say "mhmmmm" and "I KNOW, right?" whenever there's a pause in his story, but really I'm just admiring how good looking he is, and wondering how I scored such a sweet deal in marriage. On this particular day I thought he looked especially dashing in this shirt, so I said, "Go ahead and keep talking," as I went and grabbed the camera.


And shot pictures of him while he ate.
"What are you doing?" he asks
Taking pictures of you. Duh.
Ok psycho.
And then he keeps on talking/eating
(Note that he ALWAYS leaves his sandwich crust on the plate)


Since the most exciting thing in MY life is whether or not I got a shower that day....I don't have a lot to add to the conversation. Sometimes I'll have awesome Goodwill finds to show him.
But rarely does he find them as awesome as I do.
For instance, here is a conversation we had just yesterday.
"Babe, look what I found at the G-dub today. Checkitout, you make ICE CREAM in a T-SHIRT. Family Home Evening Activity Tonight."

J: Blank Stare "How OLD is that mix?"
I look on the box for a date. I find it. 2003, which meant the mix was almost 10 years old.
"I'm not telling," I say, feeling like an idiot.
"Yeah, Goodwill had the last laugh on that one." He said.


Whatever. Moving on to the next item.
Still in it's wrapping, Apples to Apples, BIBLE edition.
More Family Night Fun!
J bursts out laughing.
It's a perfect Sunday activity, I say.
"How much was that?" He asked
"Like 2 dollars," I say.
Really it was 3, but I always round down by at least a dollar when I'm revealing my Goodwill purchases to him....for obvious reasons.
He then made another smart remark about us being the only people EVER to own this game.
I didn't appreciate his sarcasm.

And then there was this beauty. A friend of mine posted this on her blog as a book that her daughter LOVED from the library.
It just so happens that this little girl is having a birthday 'used book' party this month for her 1st birthday, so when I found it, I immediately thought of her.

I didn't realize however, that it had someone else's teeth marks on the front cover.
When I showed THIS find to J, he told me to stop wasting his money.
I have lost G-dub and all other shopping privileges until further notice.


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love Piggies, the ones with the teeth marks are the rarest editions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still laughing!! And Ashley is totally correct. They are in fact a very rare find, and you are fortunate to have found a copy at such a low price.

    ReplyDelete