BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Randoms


For her final project, Hayley had to choose a topic she was interested in and do research on it.  She also had to create something that had to do with her topic.  
She chose football.
Naturally, we chose to make something edible.
Naturally, we chose to make something with cake mix.
It's the cakemixcookiefootball.  With white chocolate lacing.

She tells me her class went WILD. ;)


Here we are at Tia's audiology appointment.  She was a little bit "nerbus" going in.  But the people at A.I. Dupont hospital are seriously the kindest most friendly people we have met, so her nerves were quickly put to rest.
Tests showed that she had some hearing loss in both ears...mostly in the left, due to fluid collection and  pressure on the eardrum.  She will be having tubes put in her ears in July to drain the fluid.  It's a 15 minute procedure, and she will be asleep for it.  She is really excited to have this done, partly because I promised her Rita's custard afterward, and also I think because 'having surgery' just sounds cool.
 My husband is not only deliciously handsome, manly and sweet.  He also has a creative side to him.
You might call it a "Pinterest" side.  He coached Hayley's soccer team this year and this is what he came up with (by himSELF without ANY help from ANYone)  as an end of season award for his players.   It's 2 m&m cookies wrapped up in foil and glued to a ribbon.
Awesome Right??  
The parents were all trying to give me credit for it.  I proudly told them
It was ALL him.



Have I ever mentioned that Ty hates things on his feet?  Socks are bad enough.  They last about 5 seconds on his feet before he yanks them off.  But SHOES, people would think I was trying to kill the kid.  He screams, and turns all red trying to reach down and pull them off before I can even get them completely on.  Shoes he does not do.  I've had quite a few people make comments about him not having anything on his feet...some hinting that I may be being somewhat neglectful.  To them I say, Go ahead and give it a try.
And then you can kiss my..(No not really) 

So anyway, here he is walking all around Can-do Park in his bare feet.




 And here is the stud-coach sporting a cookie medal.
Parents had to play against the kids today, during the last quarter of the soccer game...most of us in our flip flops.
Hayley yelled at me during the game since apparently I wasn't playing up to her expectations. 
"Come on Mom!  Do your best!"
I didn't want to let her down, so I decided to turn my game face on and go for it.  
And my very next move sent a little 6 year old tumbling to the ground.  

The things I do to impress my children.
It's shameful.




6 comments:

  1. Your family is so fun! I'm impressed with Jordan's creative side and Hayley's comments to you during the soccer game are hilarious. I can totally picture it. Miss you guys! Maybe we should come for a visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome Britt. Do it! I love the projects you've been working on, by the way. Your house looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chrsa I freakin miss you guys. I check to see if you have posted a new blog like every day. I had to make a blog for a class. It sucks but if you wanna look at it the address is http://jonnygsbrain.blogspot.com/
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brinn had that problem as a kid and the tubes worked great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marilyn!
      Thanks, I've heard a lot of great things about the tubes, so we're really excited about this.

      Delete