BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 2, 2012

Back home

I arrived home from Utah yesterday after 3 1/2 days without my husband and kids.  I walked in to a vacuumed house with chocolate chip cookies on top of the stove.  The girls had their hair in pony tails, Ty had a new haircut, and he was doing somersalts on my living room floor.   When did he learn how to do somersaults?  I was so impressed by my husband's ability to keep the house in order while I was away.  Everyone was happy and healthy, bathed and fed.  Ty barely even smiled at me when they picked me up from the airport, which means Daddy was doing something waaaaay right.
(Don't think that didn't almost make me cry though. I expected a much more dramatic greeting from him)
My heart is filled with love and appreciation for J today.  He never ceases to amaze.

I had the best time with my family in Utah this last weekend as we gathered there for my littlest brother's wedding.  It was awesome to be all together again. Miss them already, but so glad to be back home with my 4 faves.



Tia asked for the truth today about the tooth fairy.  I asked her if she was sure she wanted the real truth.  She said yes....and then she said no.
Hayley said "Yes, Mom, tell us the TRUTH."
Tia then agreed.   They both looked at me with eyes that were hopeful, but that demanded pure honesty.
Somewhere, a little fairy died today, when I made 2 little girls stop believing.
A bittersweet...but kind of funny moment, as Hayley's response was:
"So YOU wrote that letter???  Oh my gosh.  And ALL this time I beLIEVED."

So far:
Easter Bunny-exposed
Toothfairy- exposed
Leprechauns- kind of exposed

Santa Claus- maintains his magical identity.   If they ask me the truth about him, I will lie.  Because what is a childhood without a little bit of magic?
They'll have to figure him out all on their own.












1 comment:

  1. I can totally hear Hayley saying that about the tooth fairy. Ha!

    ReplyDelete