BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cursive

Tia is really into cursive writing lately. She thinks it looks fancy and royal...so the other day she had me sit down and fill an entire page with cursive words so she could use it as an invitation to the 'royal ball' that her and her friends always play when they get together.

"Dear Princesses," I wrote "Please come to the ball at the castle. There will be many princes there. There will be dancing and royal music. You will be picked up in a royal carriage. Wear your prettiest dresses."

When Tia saw the page filled with cursive words she said "That's beautiful Mom, good job!"
When I looked at the page, I actually laughed. My cursive writing is a joke. If I didn't know I was the one who wrote it, I would have thought it came from a third grade classroom....(Why do we need to know how to write in cursive anyway?) but she hung it on the fridge and was proud as could be.

In walks J from work...
Tia excitedly showed him her princess invitation. Wasn't it beautiful?
"Who wrote this?" J asked, and then chuckled "Was it you Mom?"
I wasn't about to admit it.
"This looks like third grade handwriting."
Hahaha. I KNOW, okay? Who even writes in cursive these days?

What I really wanted to know, was could he do any better? I gave him a pen and a pad of paper and told him to get writing. I walked out of the room and came back a few minutes later.


He had written a total of
4 words, because he had forgotten HOW....and just as I suspected, his cursive was even worse than mine.
Don't dish it out if you can't take it, babycakes.

6 comments:

  1. Just a side note, when we were talking to J's dad the other day on face time, he asked if Jordan had any other shirts beside the "Teach me how to Jimmer" shirt. (Still laughing at that comment) It is true that he wears this shirt a lot...and in most of the pictures I have included of him on the blog. (We all have our favorites, right?) I want to assure everyone however, that we are doing good financially and are not deprived of the the things we need...despite all of my talk of hanging out at, and getting my entire wardrobe at the goodwill and such. We are a simple people and believe in reusing.
    And reusing.
    And reusing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh out loud! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny. How exactly do you forget to write cursive though? I kind of write half and half. But you know actually writing something is pretty much out of date these days, right? Anyways--I love your blog. I check it constantly and am just a loser and don't post comments. Just so you know--KEEP THESE POSTS COMING. You are terrific and I love getting little glimpses into your cute family life! Glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily Lawanna, I'm emailing you right now!

      Delete
  4. I read this post out loud to Clay and we both laughed. And the picture of Jordan trying to write in cursive captures it all so well. I can totally picture this entire situation happening and Jordan only writing 4 words but trying to play it off. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be waiting here for my invitation to the ball to arrive.

    ReplyDelete