BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lies.

Life would be so much simpler for me if I could just tell my kids there is no tooth fairy... Tonight as I tried to swap the tooth out for the money, little girl woke up and I had to make up a lame excuse as to why my hand was under her head.
If she's going to continue to believe....or pretend to believe (which I think is the case) she could at LEAST put her tooth in a reachable place so it doesn't have to be so DIFFICULT.

I think over breakfast in the morning I may just come clean about all the fictional characters they believe in because of their parents' lies.

There is no tooth fairy.
There is no Santa.
Leprechauns don't exist.

The girls know nothing of an Easter Bunny, so that makes my job a little bit easier...

Parenting is hard enough without having to keep track of a bunch of lies...
There are too many opportunities to slip up- Too many stories to create - and too much money required.
This mom is going broke.







7 comments:

  1. One time I took so long giving the money from the tooth fairy my son just said, "Mom, the tooth fairy hasn't come yet, it's been so long!" I just handed over the dollar. He took it and said smiling, "Thanks mom."
    I Think it is something they just want to believe in to make life exciting. I suck at "exciting"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Kelly, that's awesome! When we skyped last night, Christina, I was going to ask hayley whether the tooth fairy would be coming, but decided to stay quiet just in case your family doesn't do that stuff. Poor mom getting caught...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! We forgot last night, too. It seems like every time a tooth is lost; the price goes up.... inflation! My quick recovery story was that the tooth fairy doesn't work on Sundays.... I am sooo not good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family had a special decorated glass cup for the tooth fairy. The kids would fill the glass with some water and drop in their lost tooth and place the glass on the kitchen window sill overnight. In the morning, the jar was still full of water, their tooth was gone, but coins were left in its place.
    The tooth fairy never left dollar bills because they would have been wet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Yes, I've heard the 'Doesn't work on Sundays' one before.

    Mom, this is one of the reasons we call you Jan-gyver....because you are so very brilliant. I wish we would have done the glass cup thing from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have anything to add, except, I am guilty! It does get old.. especially by the time you are on the third child and you are hoping they figure it out sooner than later! But, they have fun memories. And will tell you them when they get a little older. (Connect the dots. "Mom, so that was you putting the money under my pillow!") Until then... since you didn't do the Bunny thing... I think you are free until another tooth comes out or Christmas!

    ReplyDelete