BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 2, 2012

Tears

Ever since Ty began crawling we've held a contest every night before bed. We set Ty down on one side of the room, and then J and I, or all 4 of us will kneel on the other side of the living room and see which person he will crawl to.
It has never been a contest really.
There is only one person that Ty has wanted every single time.
One person that had truly captured his heart,
One person that made him smile and speed-crawl like no one else could.
Me.

Two days ago we held the same contest,
but something unexpected happened. His eyes betrayed me, fixating on someone else.
With a smile on his face as bright as the sun, those tiny little legs speed-crawled in another direction...right into the arms of his Daddy,
four times in a ROW.

Talk about major (major) heart break.




2 comments:

  1. Oh how that reminded me of when Preston only wanted me!! It made Garth soo mad that he couldn't comfort him when he cried, and overall just seemed to like me more. Well, Preston is grown up a bit from then... but I still have to say.... I am still his mom, and he comes to me first to talk! (For the most part.) Ty will always need and want you, so don't think you are off the hook that easy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the MOST adoreable picture! I love it!

    ReplyDelete