BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pinch and be pinched

I am generally not a happy camper in the mornings.
I am a mother, like many other mothers, who gets little to no sleep on a regular basis. It's my life, and I have to deal with it, but it doesn't mean I always have to do it with a smile.

On the morning of March 17th, as my eyes were just opening and acclimating to the light, I felt a sudden painful pinch on my arm. Ouuuuuuuch! What the heckkkkk?
My daughter, all caught up in the spirit of the 'holiday' that we call Saint Patrick's Day, had crawled onto my bed and found that in my SLUMBER I was not wearing green, and therefore felt she was perfectly justified in pinching the heck out of me.

As you can probably imagine, I wasn't laughing.

The ironic thing is that she didn't even know that pinching was a part of St. Patty's day until I told her two days earlier.
"Don't forget to wear green or you'll get pinched!" I said. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Next year I will be sure to emphasize that it only applies to people who are out of bed and have chosen their outfit for the day.
And pinching moms, no matter WHAT they're wearing, will result in a thousand pinches on her naughty little tooshie.
You think I'm joking kid?
Go ahead and try me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment